Sunday, August 19, 2012

Things That Make Me Laugh (Like serious bust a gut laugh)

A disinfecting wipes commercial where the mom comes home to find her kids jumping on the furniture and grandpa, the supposed sitter, doing a marionette puppet show with two chicken carcasses. Couldn't find it on youtube sorry.

Another commercial with a heavy set boy about eight years-old at the kitchen counter with a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jam in front of him. He reaches into both jars simultaneously and grabs huge handfuls of each. He then clasps his hands together and tries to fit both fists full into his mouth. Both Ky and I totally wanted to try it. Not on youtube either.

Neither of those are quite as funny being re-told haha.

I had my hair pulled back with braids on either side meeting in a messy ponytail in the back. I asked Ky, "Does my hair look cute today?" He grins as me and nods his head in assent and says, "It looks 1800ish." Serious and you count that as cute? Come on Ky.

I was getting dressed one morning and pulled out my old slipon Vans which have holes in them, as I put them on I said to Ky, "I look homeless." His reply was, "Yeah because you are wearing them with socks, well actually no you don't look homeless you look like a 12 year-old going out to play in the sand box." I guess Ky doesn't think too much of my fashion sense these days.

Ky is a great dad. Andie has a habit of becoming super cranky from about 8:30-11:30 and likes to scream out her frustrations. One night Ky passed her over to me after he had been watching her for about an hour. I was trying to rock her and sooth her but she kept screaming. Then Ky offered, "Sometimes when she is screaming, I blow in her face, and for one second she stops screaming while she tries to catch her breath and that one second is sweet sweet bliss." Please don't call child protection on us, he was mostly just joking.

A blast from the past. Today I couldn't even re-tell this story because I was laughing so hard but it probably won't translate correctly when I write it. About three years ago Ky was sitting on our couch and went to put some saline drops in his eyes. Next thing I know Kyle lets out a huge scream, throws the bottle across the room, jumps over the couch and recklessly runs around the living room and finally into the bathroom clutching is eye.  Instead of grabbing the small bottle of saline he grabbed the small bottle of glasses cleanser (aka rubbing alcohol). Ok I know as a loving and caring wife it is not right for the story to make me laugh so much but his reaction was just nuts-o. In that one split second when he realized what he had done he thought he was going to go blind, poor guy. I flushed his eye with water and saline for like 20 minutes after that.  

1 comment:

  1. Haha the last two stories were the best. So funny. And I think 1800ish would look great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete