Sunday, August 26, 2012

The E-Town Fair

This week my main squeeze and I loaded up the kiddos a couple of times  and headed to the E-Town fair. Pretty much the biggest summer event here, well pretty much the biggest event all year. 
 Kacen loved the tractors they had out that people could climb on.

 He was a little iffy about the petting zoo. The favorite of last year.
 He hated this car ride, by the end he was clutching his seat belt and saying "Mama, mommy, mom." with every turn around the track.
 Loved this train ride too.
 Didn't care about the boats
 And actually said "woooh" while riding the balloons, which went pretty high up in the air.
It was a really hot week, but the fair was fun, we just had to keep Andie in the shade and misted with water. Kyle and I shared cheesy bacon french fries topped with mozzarella sticks, Yikes! Actually about half of them fell on the ground and we were really happy for it because we both felt a little sick from eating them, we went home and had salads.

However my healthful eating went out the window the next day when Kacen once again decorated the room with POOP, SERIOUS! I found him in his room only five minutes after being put down for a nap. I rushed him into the tub and was about to have a full fledged breakdown because Ky was asleep resting from a long weekend of work and I had to deal with it all by myself and deal with Kace for the remainder of the night. Right as the tears were welling up, Ky wearily walked out of the room and started to help clean up, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for such a wonderful husband. Then I decided to take a friend up on her offer to help watch Kacen if I needed it, and did I ever. So after cleaning up the poop and making dinner and other cleaning I took him over to Brenda's and headed to the fair. I met my friend Christie for a pumpkin funnel cake, and butterflied potatoes topped with fake cheese, yumm.  No the eating didn't make me feel better but the time to myself just chilling and people watching was really relaxing.

On that note I want to say I am so grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life. I am blessed to have wonderful friends and family who love me and show so much generosity and  compassion towards me and my family. I don't want to say names because I know I will leave someone out but I have had people offer to watch my kids, people watch my kids, offer to bring me food, and bring me food, bring me tons of kids clothes, hang out with me for girls nights, hold my baby and tend to Kacen in social situations, and just show love and concern for me through meaningful conversation, special notes and phone calls. I truly appreciate each of these kind tokens and I am so grateful for each of you. I hope that all of my friends and family also know that you can call on me in your times of need and I would gladly help you out. That's what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment