Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Frame of Mind

I made the decision the other day that I am going to count Kacen, Andie and any possible future children as blessings not trials. That change in my mind set has made all the difference today.

I feel blessed that Kacen is so active, it is incredibly tiring most of the time, but I love that he isn't a whiner baby about going into water, climbing high things and having adventures. It will be so much fun as he gets older and we can take him to enjoy even more recreation with us.

I feel blessed that he has such a tender heart.

I feel blessed that he cares about Andie and he cares about me. Once again we had a rough car ride with Andie girl and Kacer just said in a quiet calm voice, "sshhh it's ok, it's ok, ssshhhh." And the other night Kacen kept crying and screaming when it was time for him to go to bed. Finally I walked in with Andie who was also crying and when Kacen saw us and saw her having a hard time he became a really good boy and went right to bed after another kiss and hug. I feel that he noticed I was tired and ready for bed, and trying to deal with Andie and respected that.

I feel blessed that he is so creative and artistic, it is so fun to have another hobby to share with my son.
 
Today I had a great day with Kacen, he was truly pleasing to be with. I hope I can keep this perspective every day. Yeah there were still fits and struggles but nothing too melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment