Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Ugly, The Bad, The Good. Real Life

So in light of a recent post let's get down to the nitty gritty.

The Ugly
The past week has brought me:

One 30 inch tall energy ball who doesn't like to poop in his diaper. Aaaannnnddd if he does poop in it he feels the need to shed the diaper immediately and proceed to bathe in the feces.

Two mid night feedings followed by diaper changes that included shotgun poop all over my front. I really need to learn not to change her on my lap.

Three or maybe Four crying sessions for me (reference the above).

The Bad
I am an emotional eater. M&M's, licorice, seven layer bars, cinnamon rolls and mint brownie ice cream.

Kacen learned the word "No" and how to correctly use it when asked to do anything. This has lead to lots of solitary confinement, screaming (which also leads to solitary confinement) and crying (all emotions represent both of us).

Ky went back to work, five nights in a row, and my little one thinks that 8:30 p.m. is the signal for fussiness and likes to cry for about an hour or two while I am trying to get ready for bed. By last night I started having panic attacks when he left for work, luckily I am a sort of tough chick and my short bouts of discouragement and frustration are cured by a quick moment of seclusion and a few tears. Ya know when there are things to take care of you can't really do much but let it out and try to get over it and move forward.

The Good 
Kyle has been so helpful. Washed clothes, changed diapers, took Kacen on daddy trips, fixed my car, hung a mobile by finding some cute pink ribbon and making a cute little bow on top, without being asked. Oh yeah and lest I forget he goes to work to make money that I go and spend, what a great guy. 

 I went on my first outing alone with both the kids, not really on purpose but I realized yesterday morning that I was putting the last newborn diaper on Andie and the size one drowned her. We went to Wal-Mart, the park, and the Country Market, there was not even one fit, whine or cry the whole time, serious. Kacen just listened to me and went where I asked, it was like magic.

The night of the cinnamon rolls we also had a family dance party. It was so fun! Kacen loved dancing with his aunt Maddie and I love grooving my body. 

Got two new shirts, viewed in each pic, and a new bed, which I would love to get a chance to spend a full night in uninterrupted. 
Pic from Laura, so cute huh?

4 comments:

  1. That picture is precious and you are a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm... holy smokes, that's a lot of poop! I can only guess how funny that ISN'T in the middle of the night.

    love your posts! keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! Wish we lived closer so our girls could be best friends! You are looking so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call if you want a break. I'll take Kacen or Andie. Or just come help you handle it. Come a week and a half all of mine will be in school :(

    ReplyDelete