Saturday, June 30, 2012

Memories Part 4: Grandma Saggy Skin

Growing up my Father’s mom, Grandma Murphy, lived in Salt Lake City Utah. We lived in Provo so that meant that we got to see her pretty frequently. I loved visits to grandma’s house. She lived in a little apartment on the West side of Salt Lake and it had a very distinct smell, like raisins, cheap dish soap, and medicine. Grandma Murphy was always taking photos; most of pictures of our family growing up came from her.  She also loved to put ice down people’s back when they weren’t expecting it. But my favorite thing about my grandma when I was young was her droopy saggy skin. I loved to sit on her lap and pull her skin up and down and stretch it from side to side, to run my fingers up the cracks and ridges. She was really patient with me and let me mold the skin on her arms and neck without complaint. Grandma Murphy was such a great woman, I love her and miss and can’t wait until I get to be with her again.

2 comments: