Thursday, June 7, 2012

Design Updates

We are going to graduate Kacer-roo from his big boy toddler bed into a big boy big bed, there just isn't room enough in his room for both, but this bed is quite a jump for anyone, especially Kacen and I.
 So Ky just busted out some saws, sanders, nail guns and stuff and went to work being a manly man. He just whipped this thing up, so cool huh?
 Now Kace and I can get up to big bed easier. We are letting Kacen keep his old bed in his room for a couple days and will try to get him more used to being on the big bed.
Side note: later Tuesday night I whooped my manly man in a game of Horse.
My Score:
His Score: H-O-R-S-E
What, what?

We are also working on re-painting our baby crib. It used to be just brown, so we covered it in beige paint and are thinking about antiquing it. Give us your feedback

Here is the plain beige, sorry the pics aren't the best. 

 And here it is antiqued. Ky wanted a dark brown but I am not sure, I think it might look good with a darker glaze like a black. I am also very very simplistic in my style and like my furniture generally solid and the fabrics to be more accent pieces so I don't know how I feel about glazing it in the first place. Any opinions?


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep he has been there three nights so far and doesn't mind it one bit, the transition went really well.

      Delete
  2. Is that the Jenny Lind style crib? I love those. I think anything you choose would be good. I always like a solid white but if the room is light, you may want to try a darker glaze. I think that would be striking. Love the stepstool!!

    ReplyDelete