Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birthday Bash

Thursday I celebrated my 26th Birthday. 

I am sure I have mentioned before but I am not a huge celebrator these days. I have hopes and dreams of being this great party thrower and planning ahead to do nice things for those I love on their special days, but I'm just not there right now. So the day wasn't too eventful, but I dig low key and easy too.

I did what I have done for most birthdays during my life, we went swimming! We went with my dear friend Christie, and my mother-in-law.
 Here I am only six more weeks to go, haha let's cross our fingers for five. She loves the pool and moves a lot while I swim and I love the exercise, it feels so nice to use my body for exercise.
 Kacen has really stared to take to the pool. When he wears the little floater in the lower picture he will push himself off the stairs into the pool and then kick around and come back to the stairs. I can't believe how athletic he is, he does all sorts of crazy things at the park and after only three days of practice he kicks with really great form in the pool. We do spend a lot of time without the floaters working on blowing bubbles and he is pretty comfortable with hanging out on the stairs.

And today he was walking along a rock wall with about a five foot drop and of course he wouldn't hold my hand, and against all hopes he fell off the wall, like tumbled down rocks into weeds! He just looked up at me and I told him to walk up the grass hill, but he turned right around and CLIMBED UP THAT WALL! Man I think he is so cool, an athletic artist. Well for now. And I can't wait to see what other fun things he starts to enjoy. 
Then we went to Shady Maple Buffet with Perry and Valarie, and Christie watched Kace, so nice. But seriously $17 per person for a buffet, that's nuts! But you eat free on your birthday. It was pretty good, but buffets aren't really too great these days, my stomach doesn't hold as much and I really miss the leftovers the next day. But it was still a great relaxing time and a really fun time hanging out and chatting with the grown ups. We had one picture outside the restaurant but I didn't look nearly as good I did above so it didn't make the cut.

And the celebrating will continue with a ladies lunch this Tuesday around 12:30 at Tulsi in Lancaster. If any of you want to come celebrate my life, haha, please do, it will be a blast. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! YOu look AWESOME! Seriously, you look great. Sounds fun and Kacen is such a cutie. He sounds like he is just like you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that is me under the water coming up to scare Kacen. Happy Birthday Big Girl! I can't believe you're so old and grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well goodness, it was your birthday that day!! You sneaky girl! Happy Birthday! Now I'm REALLY wishing I could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather! Did you happen to photoshop that picture of yourself?? Not kidding, you look so good. Happy Late Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a great day! Can't wait to see this baby.

    ReplyDelete