Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baby Shower and Poop Horror

Saturday two ladies from my ward, Ellen and Lisa, threw me and a friend in my ward Vai a dual baby shower. They are just so nice and so wonderful to do this for us, I really am surrounded by such kind and generous people.
Vai is due July 4th, with a baby boy and for those of you who forgot I am due August 1st with a baby girl.
Look at this delicious brunch spread! It was so good. 
 We played the melted candy bar in the diaper game, the snickers seriously made me almost gag, it looked too real. PS I won, ok it was a five or six way tie and I swayed the win by being the only one who was pregnant.
 Everyone was so generous. Our shower was a "Well Loved" baby shower. Because this will be both of our second children we invited people to give us recycled baby items, it was so great. I now have nearly everything I needed and the other stuff I need people are getting for me. I have such great family and friends I just feel so blessed. Seriously if any of you need anything that I can do for you, please let me know. I owe you all so much.

 We also played a game where we all had five safety pins and if you said the word "baby" someone could steal one of your pins. Alyce won, I am too competitive and really wanted to win.
 Here I am licking baby poop out of a diaper, haha jk it is just the candy bar.
 As our thank you's I made cookie pops, that had a note attached saying "Thank you for your love and support as our families GROW."
I don't think they read my blog but I am so grateful to Lisa, Ellen and Valarie for all they did to bring this show about, it was wonderful.
It was such a fun morning, then we spent the evening hanging out with our friends celebrating birthdays, an overall wonderful day. 

Oh not to put a damper on this wonderful day but I totally have a horror story. Friday night, Ky was at work, I was solo on mom duty. I put Kace down to bed, and went to check on him a half hour later and to my horror and shock he was laying in bed naked with his poop all over the bed, his feet and hands. And he was just fast asleep. Oh, it was just horrible, I so wished that Ky was home to help me with it but I toughed it out and survived. 

Just as a side note: This was the third poop out of the diaper we have had in two weeks, I think we need to tape his diapers on. The last time it was during a nap and actually I was gone and Ky was solo, he freaked out when he found the turd neatly on ground, but he cleaned it up no biggie. Well later that night Ky was tucking Kacen in and I noticed there was poop on the floor like smeared in so I tell Ky to check his shoes, thinking that he stepped in dog poop and tracked it inside, well after some investigation Ky realized the poop was in our room Kacen pooped in two spots and Ky only found the one while he was cleaning and stepped in the other one later. The third poop was a tub poop, not so bad but still sick. 

3 comments:

  1. Hold up, you're having a boy and Vai's having a girl? That's what it says at the beginning of your post and I thought it was the opposite. This shatters my entire universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha oh man Kacen and pooping.. that would be a nice surprise to find! I have had that happen plenty of times with my old Alzheimer patients and it is not cool! The fun things I get to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded like so much fun, minus the poop eating thing...

    ReplyDelete