Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fried Chicken

Those of you know me well know I have a slight obsession with food, and it only gets worse when I am pregnant.

I have some strong opinions about cravings during pregnancy. I think we all, weather we are prego or not, crave foods.

But just because I all I want to eat lately is pizza (Totino's) and and pretty much anything deep friend smothered in marinara, salsa or wing sauce, that DOESN'T MEAN I EAT IT. I think that we all need to exercise some level of self control. Understandably some women do become so nauseated during pregnancy and certain food make them vomit I get that, but I can't believe that the only thing you can keep down is, steak, M&M's and Burritos. And even though veggies make me want to gag right now I snarf a ton of them down every week because IT IS HEALTHY FOR ME AND THE BABY. Not that I eat healthy all the time, now way, but I still don't eat only the things I crave, especially if they are unhealthy.

With all that said I am now going to be a total hypocrite and share a funny story about my weakness for fried food. Like I said I really have been eating a veggie-rich diet lately sneaking them in everywhere (veggie lasagna, roasted veggie baked creamy chicken taquitos, orange and ginger stir-fry). So yesterday when I was at the produce auction feeling hungry for lunch and a lady walked in with fried chicken I had a major crack in my self control and ran out right away to find some. Usually while at the market I treat myself to a delicious buttered pretzel bigger and better than any at the mall for only $1.25. But today I decided to splurge on a piece of fried chicken, and guess what? It was just as cheap as the pretzel and oh so good. It was so good that while I walked back to auction I was ripping into the chicken like a savage and making audible noises of satisfaction, I couldn't keep them from coming out "yummm, ummmmm, umyumm, hummm." And then the really sick and weird thing was after eating all the chicken off the bones my hands still smelled so good that I just kept smelling them. I am twisted I know, but it was so good!

Valarie noted, "It doesn't take much to make you happy, just the right kind of food."
That is too true, if I am grumpy chances are I haven't eaten recently or I really really want a certain food a certain way and can't get it. But if you can get me good food on a regular basis I tend to be a pretty happy camper. That is also why Ky's cheese plates were so great.

P.S. my $99 Day After Thanksgiving sale camera totally broke, done. So no pictures lately sorry. 

1 comment:

  1. I crave and eat unhealthy things for me everyday :) Too bad I don't have an excuse like being pregnant to blame it on! mmmmm fried food....

    ReplyDelete