Friday, February 10, 2012

A Conger Friday

Because Kacen and I have been sick this week we have pretty much stayed at home the past couple days we decided to get out tonight and have some fun, haha we are so dorky. I threw on some pants and shoes and ran a brush through my hair and brushed my teeth (around like 7:00 p.m. cuz I didn't do it that morning). Then we went to K-Mart to let Kacen ride the $.50 merry-go-round, then we headed to CVS  and used my $3 CVS Register Rewards bucks to buy some Coke for Ky, pistachios for me and a chocolate covered marshmallow for Kace. Then we came home took all the cushions off the couch and made Kacen jump off things, haha. He loved it.

Yep a good ole night at the Conger's. After we worked the sugar out of his system and sent him to bed I was about to start blogging when my computed was hijacked by Ky, so I had to just sit around watching David Tuterra's My Fair Wedding, oh how many episodes have a I watched in the past three days? ummm...8. And how many episodes of Diners Drive-ins and Dives? Yikes like 15 or 20 not to mention the numerous times I have seen Toy Story (all 3), Monsters Inc, and Lilo and Stich. Am I a bad mother and wife because we watch so much tv? When you feel the way I do 15 weeks prego and sick with some nasty cold thing plus watching a sick two year-old who still manages to have like 3 billion watts of energy? No I don't think so at all.

Even with the sickness I still made some bomb dinners, try homemade baked chicken fingers with homemade winger's sauce and roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze or Navajo tacos with marinated chipotle chicken, three homemade salsas (pico, salsa verde, and hot cooked tomato) and fresh fry bread. I am not competely useless and triple D does pay off with meal ideas. Oh but I am pretty sure my mother-in-law is a saint cuz she helps me so much with Kacen!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha that is a cute evening. it was crazy but we took calvi to Arctic circle to get a cone and let him play and ty and i thought why is this the first time we have done this! super cheap and calvi was thrilled! WOW 15 weeks seems like it is going fast only a few more and you will know what that little stinker is!! cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Man that cold is no fun I am just getting over what sounds like the same thing. Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s I love My Fair Wedding and when I don't work I watch it A LOT too :)

    ReplyDelete