Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ky is 29!

Today is Kyle's Birthday....
...and if you know me you know I show love with food. Maybe not the healthiest thing but it is what I do. Unfortunately because my camera is broke (just putting it out there if anyone wants to get us a new one haha, or donate your old one), I only got one picture of today's food. 

Breakfast: Yesterday I knew that I wanted to cook french toast for breakfast but we didn't have any white bread and Ky doesn't really care for wheat bread french toast, so I whipped up a loaf, because I did not want to go out to the store in the rain. So we woke up extra early to have homemade french toast.
Lunch: I just packed him a sandwich, nothing too special. 
Dinner: Chicken Tiki Masala found here. Homemade naan, found here. Rice and butternut squash. It was really really yummy and that naan is so easy I just fired up our electric griddle and use a couple of pan lids to help it cook better. And the Tiki Masala was so easy and super flavorful. 

Desert: He requested a cheesecake, which I do every year, or key lime pie, so I went with the pie found here. I made the crust with 1 C. graham crackers, 1/4 C. toasted coconut, 5 T. melted butter, 3 T. Sugar, I wish I didn't use the sugar and maybe just a little honey or something. Well I forgot the sugar, pressed the crust then hand to take it out and  mix in the sugar and it turned out sort of grainy. Also I went with the review suggestions on 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and 1 C. of fresh juice and lost of zest, 4 eggs and a quick 13 minutes in the oven. I wanted to write Happy Birthday on the pie so I made a lime curd (which made the pie sooo tangy, I probably should have just used the whipped cream). My brother-in-law took this picture on his camera, it's all we got.
For his birthday I gave him a new Wii game called Trauma Center. We have actually been playing it for almost a month because when I found it last month I wasn't sure if it was the right game he wanted so I showed it to him and we have been playing it for a while.

And the other great thing about today is that it signifies six years of us being together. I am so happy to be his wife, we have had some really cool adventures in the past six years. And it is true what everyone says, if you do it right, you love your spouse more and more each year. 

Happy Birthday Ky!

1 comment: