Monday, September 26, 2011

Kindness of Strangers

As I left my house this morning to head to the library, the park and the store, we were drivinging down the street and I was amazed how beautiful it was with the morning fog rising. Kacen was such a good boy at the library, we played lots of games, picked out books and colored pictures it was so fun. After the library we went to the park and chased squirells for the better half of an hour, by this time Kacen was getting pretty tired, but I still had to go to the grocery store. He was decent for the first five minutes then toys were flying and he was grabbing everything he could get his hands on. Giant has too small of isles. We made it to the check out and had to wait in a line three people deep and he began an escape attempt, in my endevor to get him seated I scraped off a scab from some funky bug bites he got that blistered up and burst so he began crying, I felt awful. We made it out of the store, he was still trying to get out of the cart, I got to the groceries loaded in the car when I realized that I forgot the eggs, I was trying to debate weather or not I could handle Kacen while we ran in to get the eggs (I decided no, I could not) and then a nice man heading into the store offered to take in my cart for me, he said, "I know what it is like trying to get things done with a little one." Oh I almost started crying, the kindness of strangers is so overwhelming sometimes.

PS we watched the  movie "Lifted" last night and it is such a good movie, two of my favorite things in one movie, kids rapping and a heart jerking plot. Turn on your Netflix, haha if any of you still have it which I don't blame you if you don't, and watch it today.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about that. How nice that someone gave you comforting words.

    I can see that scenario because I go through it all the time with Trae. Oy - it can be a pain but I think we probably worry that they are disturbing others more when really almost everyone has been there. They are more understanding than we think, I think.

    ReplyDelete