Monday, September 19, 2011

Let's Talk Candidly

Ok let's get this all on the table. Yeah sure I like to cook. I REALLY like to cook and I REALLY like food. But by no means AM I A MAGNIFICENT CHEF. A lot of things, probably about half of the things, I make do not come out really that great. Yeah sure I bring a great dish here and there to a party but every day meals aren't always that great. So recent follies....

I was asked to help teach a short workshop on baking bread with my mother-in-law and luckily she did great. I made a basic white bread and when I cut into it at the workshop, welp it was doughy!
Yikes embarrassing!

My mother-in-law made great wheat bread that saved the day. And I guess a little to my credit I did make some nice pretzel bites, but slather anything in butter and it will taste decent.

Then I was going to try to to make some yummy brownies for Ky to take to party and ended up breaking my mousse for the top, putting too much cream in the ganach and over baking the brownies. So I threw out the mousse and covered the brownies with plastic wrap and the outsides softened a little, so thankfully they all got eaten.
Anyway these were just the things that happened in the last couple of days if I hadn't just been eating mostly pita pizzas and quessadillas I am sure I would have more to share.

So yeah sure I was on Master Chef (for 3 seconds) and I do talk about food and know some stuff about it. But I am no expert and I know that a lot of you, my friends and family, are better cooks than I am and I have learned a lot from you. I am not fishing for compliments just trying to be honest about my skills so that maybe people will stop assuming that everything I make is delicious, just ask those that live with me haha.

But thanks for all of your support and faith in my skills.  


1 comment:

  1. I think you are better than you think! And you try making all sorts of stuff with wild abandon which makes you great. You're not our resident famous reality star for nothin'!

    ReplyDelete