Tuesday, May 3, 2011

They Were the Best of Times, They Were the Worst of Times

Good news or bad news first?

Well the good news isn't that great so let's start with the bad.

The Dream
I had the scariest dream of my entire life two nights ago. I don't want to go into details but a close friend was possessed by some satanic demon and was trying to strangle me, after a LONG battle, I woke up with a strangled gasp and couldn't fall back to sleep because of my fear. 

The Cut
I don't know why I did it... but I did. Well actually I know why, when I rubbed Kace down with sun screen today I went to get his scalp and his hair got all nasty greasy so I thought, "I am going to cut his long hair."

The Before - notice the long flowing locks
Here are Kacen and Ky on a fun hike Saturday



The After
Did ya notice Kacen was so embarrassed by his new do that he tried to cover the camera



Ok for real here it is....ahhhh... don't laugh. 
I don't know what happened. I was doing a really cute scissor cut and it looked so cute a super mini fro-hawk or little spikies. Then I noticed it was a little uneven and thought I would bring in the clippers to even it out. Well I have always had problems with measurement perception and I choose a 3...well...way too short, lame. Now I have this, and we have family photos in only 11 days!



The Good News
Today was a really nice, productive day. 
Woke up 7:30 a.m. did some reading
Went for a run
Got Kacen ready and made breakfast (haha cereal)
Went to the Roots, (the awesome farmers market $18 for week of groceries)
Made salad mix

Took Kacen to an appointment:
This should go under "the bad" on our way walking across the parking lot, he didn't want to hold my had and kept trying to pull away finally he grabbed my hand with both of his and bit me! He has never bitten out of anger before. I was shocked, and really angry.

Came home and worked in the yard
Made dinner (chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, salad)
Made Mother's Day cards
More reading with Ky
Posted a blog post!

Ok it may not be a ton but it was pretty good for me all the while taking care of Kace.

So yeah it was a good day, the biting aside!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, It's not so bad! And the 3 guard would be fine for an older child. It's easy to forget how fine "baby" hair is and so the 3 guard actually becomes very very short. So, it was an innocent mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah- oh dear. Well he doesn't look bad! Seriously! And it will grow out soon enough. Biting! Yikes! Don't you wonder where they learn these things? Holy Smokes- WHAT A HORRIBLE DREAM! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I've had some pretty horrific dreams that I don't think I'll ever forget! Why does that happen?! Seriously...so weird. I'm sorry though :( Sounds like a pretty productive day though! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is it will be way easier to put sunscreen on his head now. He's still a cutie.
    Love ya
    Micah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby hair grows super fast. Plus he looks so big and handsome with the buzz.

    ReplyDelete