Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Yeah, yeah I know you are all sick of "The Wedding." And I am not that into either, my knowledge of England and the Royals is quite limited to what TLC and Travel channel show. But my friend Amber hosted play group at her house and a bunch of us got together and ate scones and mini lemon tarts and wore cute hats and watched a recording of the events. It was really fun. Thanks Amber you are so great!

(the lighting was off I looked sooooo bad. Solution: switch to black and white)
My scones were really great actually plus I made homemade jam. 

Oh and on another note, after watching the wedding I thought, "Why wasn't  I born into such privilege, why don't I have a life like that?" Then I had an overwhelming feeling that life is about sooo much more than money and privilege, it is about my family and becoming the best person I can be.
 It's time to stop waiting for life to change and to change myself. 

 I am so grateful for what I have, for so many friends and family who enrich my life daily and who provide so much for us. Thank you. Wow this post went in a completely different direction than I intended. 


2 comments:

  1. Hah- you are so cute! That sounds way fun! And I LOVE what you said about how we can't just sit around and wait for life to change! We need to change our perspective. I need to remind myself of that DAILY. Holy smokes. Well- you look super cute in the pic. Maybe I should try that b/w trick sometime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were adorable and that JAM! So yummy.

    ReplyDelete