Friday, May 25, 2012

Memories: Part 2


The “Maeser House” soon came to be known as the “Height House.” The Heights were our upstairs neighbors and they were CRAAAAZY. To illustrate: Ms. Height, would sit outside in lingerie and yell at all the elementary school kids who looked at her when they were walking to and from school, “Why are you staring at me you perverts!” If her kids fought they were locked in their bedroom with “What the World Needs Now is Love,” blaring through the door. What we heard downstairs was screaming and kicking and DeShannon’s melodic voice soothing the children into loving one another.

Say a Tough No!
 While the Heights were upstairs being brainwashed with love my mom brained washed us through The Safety Kids, please watch this movie on youtube . So when Ryan Height and I were outside playing in the drive way and he picked up a his father’s discarded cigarette buds and wanted me to smoke with him I ran away, and when he pursued me and I turned on him kicking, punching and screaming “NO!” at the top of my lungs I felt completely justified. But after his mom found out that he was being rude to me she made him hug and kiss me and say sorry, this threw me into another moral conflict because my parents were very stalwart in letting me know I was not supposed to kiss boys until I was married and I couldn’t get married until I was 30 years-old. 

Here are our family pictures around this time.

 Grandma Murphy, Me, Mom, Dad, Bro Jake, Sis Micah
 Mama, Dad, Micah, K'Leena, Jacob, Me
 Mom, Dad, Micah, K'Leena, Jake, and Heather, ever the star

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh. The lingerie thing had me crying I was laughing so hard! Calling kids perverts?!

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! What the world needs now - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister had a college roommate at BYU that would come out in her lingerie during FHE and sit in suggestive positions. Gross! What's wrong with people? But then again if we didn't have crazy and weird people we'd have nothing to talk about!

    ReplyDelete