Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fun With Kacen

As any of you who read regularly might know, I have recently felt exasperated with Kacen and his tantrums. This worry has caused Kyle and I to spend a lot of time on our knees seeking further guidance through prayer. And we have truly felt blessed. A couple of answers we received were:
Kacen loves art and needs to spend more time using his imagination and having that independent creative time.
 So we do a lot of coloring, he especially loves pens, and sometimes draws on his legs if left too long unsupervised, we have done a little painting and he loves it best.
 The second thing I feel that is important is that he just needs time to get his energy out, he needs recreation time morning, afternoon and evening. Thanks to the great weather we go to the park in the morning and after dinner, and have gone swimming twice so far after lunch and look forward to more SWIMMING.
 The other night Ky had a ton of fun playing with Kacen on the trampoline and making Kacen's hair stick out. Which if you note in the pictures above I cut it all off last night.
 The next thing is that Kacen just needs our love, I do not want to gripe about him anymore, after my last post about him I almost felt like I was gossiping about my own kid and I don't want to do that. He really is a sweet boy, who loves his family and who wants to help out and just do things on his own. He just has a ton of energy and he is only two, sometimes my expectations may be a little high for his abilities.
Lastly Kyle and I need to learn to be more bendable. Of course we know we are the parents here and need to set rules and boundaries for his safety and development. I don't want my kid to think that life has no rules or consequences. But we realize that our family won't function if Kyle and I are constantly fighting Kacen and letting him get to the point of self harm without intervening with love and compassion. I feel that being the adult doesn't mean that I need to be so tough on him, being an adult means that I am grownup enough to end an argument and teach love and compassion even if he is still at the peak of his tantrum.
 And I am happy to say that the tantrums are down, we still have them but they are shorter and I really feel hope that things are getting better. I love this little buddy so much.
I feel that little missy in my tummy is just as energetic as her bro. She seriously moves all day. Not just little kicks either we are talking full body movement. So I just gotta eat healthy and stay active for these kiddos.  I guess staying up til midnight tonight with a bag of Doritos has been a little counter productive. But today was a Sunday without Ky, involving six hours of church plus outside recreation time so yeah I needed a break. Haha I probably didn't need the Doritos (or the velveta dip, cake, fruit punch or brownie I had earlier eighter), but the late-night "me time" has been nice.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are finding things he likes to do to keep busy. I really understand the exasperation. For me it has even felt like more than that with the challenges I have with one of the kids.

    But the great thing is that inspiration does come and when you see it working, you really know that it was meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacen looks so old with his short hair! and ya i konw what you mean the "me time" it is always a trade off, sleep or just realax without someone crying for me or hanging on me. oh the joys of being a mom!

    ReplyDelete