Thursday, May 3, 2012

Humm I debated about putting this up, but...decided to go for it anyway. Please just know before you start that I  love Kacen with all my heart, he is the light of my life, and remember I am pregnant so some of the smaller things seem a little more pronounced and hard to deal with these days. Here goes:

Kacen is the busiest kid I know, he can’t focus on any one activity for longer than maybe one minute, no joke. Even TV is boring to him, not that this is bad but since I am being honest there are times when I want to sleep, eat, cook, clean or complete the other hundreds of tasks I have each day that I would really just like for him to sit still for an hour or two in front of Kipper.

He is so independent and just wants to do everything by himself. He is particular, he knows what he wants and if he doesn’t get it: starts to scream, then runs and slams his body into the nearest surface, falls to the floor, smack his hands on the ground, screams more and holds his hands to the air in a “stella” fashion as he cries about his hands hurting. If at this point I attempt to hold his hand or arm to walk him to timeout he arches back slamming his head into our mostly tile floors then cries more because his head hurts. Once I finally get him to the timeout corner or chair he bangs his head into the wall or back of chair, sometimes throws himself to the floor again and repeats the whole process above. This happens ummm…. 4 to 8 times a day.

He doesn’t sit with us during sacrament meeting. He is the problem child in nursery, do the rest of you drug your kids? It is like he is hopped up on Mountain Dew and they all have taken sleeping pills. He runs back and forth all day, won’t sit to color, sing or listen to the lesson, climbs on the chairs, the table and the play sets. 

I cried three times in church this week, having to go without Kyle is like instant panic attack. But twice were grateful tears for everyone’s help and patience with him, my in-laws are great and there are so many amazing people in our ward who probably don’t even know how much I appreciate the small things they do to help me with my busy kid.

He likes to throw himself on the floor in these wild tantrums and my six month pregnant body just 
aches from having to bend over to pick him up so much.

When other people watch him they tell me he is well behaved, are you lying to me?

He frosted the loaf of bread, yeah honest mistake but still a little annoying.

Two weeks ago I was so exhausted and worn out that I had the super irrational thought that maybe I should give this next baby to a friend who is trying to adopt because I don’t know how I could possibly handle two kids with Kacen. I quickly took it all back I love my little girl already and I obviously love Kacen but some days he is so exhausting.

He has taken to undressing himself in bed.
So there you have it, the real thoughts of an irrational mom. But that is totally only one side to my life and really those moments are not the majority of my day.

The very bottom line of all of this is that I do love my child, I just wish I had more energy to help him run all of his out every day. He is really good at helping with chores, he loves to help in the kitchen and will pick up his toys and loves vacuuming and sweeping. He is mostly just busy and gets frustrated with being bored. I don’t think my kid is a bad kid. 

I love how adventurous he is, he is always willing to try new things, he will even now go down the big slide at the park. He is always asking me to lift him up so he can jump off of high things.

He is saying please and thank you more often. When he wakes up and if Kyle isn't there he asks "daddy?" 

I love that he is still a snuggle bug and wants to sit with me all the time in and loves to sneak in and snuggle up when I am sleeping. 

He makes me laugh every day and I am so grateful for him in our life. 

The past couple of mornings have been overcast and rainy so this morning we took advantage of the dreary weather and headed over to the English Garden at Masonic Village to pretend we were Jane Austen characters, well I guess I only pretended. And also I need to note we made it to lunch without one fit, not one, improvement!





PS sorry the hair picture hasn't come up yet I am still trying to get a great picture, call me vain.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been around him enough to really know his behavior patterns, but it seems like if he is having throw-on-the-floor tantrums that often something might need changing. I feel like I can't give advice because I KNOW that girls do not have this same sort of energy as boys.

    Whenever I have kid issues or questions I always talk to as many of my Mommy friends as I can and ask their advice. What has worked for them? How did they stop their own kids from having tantrums? Get a variety of opinions and start with what you think is the most logical and try it. Then try the next one and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have no advise to give you! I can't imagine how you feel. He will probably just grow out of it. You are a great mom :) I am still waiting for this picture of your new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did all of those exact same things when I was a kid, and look at me...totally normal. For the most part. He's just fine but I can totally see how you get frustrated. Hang in there, keep praying, and call me anytime you need a break and I'll pick him up.

    ReplyDelete