Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Georgia Here we Come

This post is coming way late, and now it is really long.
Today we are leaving for Georgia. (False. This part was written Wednesday night)

The car is packed I'm ready to go, I'm standing here out side your door...well not really I am on the computer just waiting for Ky to get back home from getting new glasses, I hope he still looks hot.

I got all the snacks ready, homemade crusty bread, laughing cow cheese (which I used to think was a snack for the snobs until two weeks ago I had them at a friends and love them and at only $2.00 for eight wedges that isn't too bad for a sancky snack right?), sliced cheese, PB and J for K, pasta salad for when I am sick of snacks and need a meal (dressing on side don't want soggy noodles), chips, wheat thins, fruit snacks (the texture of these ones are nass-tay), bananas, grapes and oranges (Kacen's three fav fruits, well except he loves berries too), dried apple chips, juice boxes and animal crackers. What a long boring paragraph, haha.

I don't think I will go hungry but I will probably whine to Ky mid-way that I need real food, I hate snacky food for days at a time. Hopefully there will be easy access to a Panera when I get this feeling.

I can't wait to see my family, like so so so excited. (K, I can't lie, I am so excited for today that I am actually writing most of this last night, Thursday, because I can't sleep and I am anticipating packing all of these things up and just inserting pictures really quickly while Ky is at the docs. There now you know I am sham.) It has been a year and a half since I have seen a single relative of mine and I can not wait!

I called my sis Micah this afternoon because I realized that while I am there I really want a fried chicken and jello salad picnic at a park. I love the nostalgia of that, and we all know I  love me some fried chicken. I also love my sisters, like love them so much, they are my besties, and I fully intend to do a great post about them soon.
Wish us luck, 8 hours to West Virginia where we will stay with Ky's cousin, then rise and shine Saturday for 8 more hours to Hotlanta.

Haha well this didn't get posted when I anticipated it and now I am writing from Georgia, that 8 hour car ride ended up being 10.5 thanks to DC traffic. But thank heaven for technology our ride would have been way worse without a portable DVD player (loaned by a friend) and lots of DVD's loaned and donated by friends, I love my friends. But the ride was awful with my lack of sleep and that Ky was going on 24 hours of no sleep we were a pretty crazy bunch. It was great to see his cousin who is having a little boy in a couple of months and their other three kids too. I am so grateful for such great people in our lives who are willing to house us and help us out all the time.
Our second day wasn't so bad we had actually gotten some decent sleep. We passed this crazy place just over the border into South Carolina "South of the Border" it is like a mini-Mexico-tourist-amusement-park-arcade-trap.








 Yesterday we went to the skate park with the kido's. They had a great time playing, however my one nephew did have a man-part injury the poor kido thought he was dying, and my niece had a radial distal fracture in her wrist, both of them came off jumps on their bikes in a really weird positions.








This morning my niece and nephew went to the doctor, for the break and supposed allergies, well nope the swollen eyes Justus had were because of pink eye. Geeze what a way to start off our vacation. But we are just exercising super hygienic practices and making the most of it. So we headed into down town Atalanta to go to the Centennial park water area. It was so hot so there was a TON of people, but the kids had fun, well Kacen and Zach didn't like playing in the water too much, but they still liked it.















I was so hot and tired after the park we went to Cold Stone and had delicious ice cream. It was a good day and we have some other fun things planned for the week but mostly a lot of hanging out, holiday crafts and cooking.

4 comments:

  1. So, what do you think? Does Kyle still look hot with his new glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Centennial Park and it's super cool! I love the profile picture of you and Kacen with your belly resting on his head. Hope you're having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ah i like that pict with kacen leaning on you at the water park and your belly is popping out over his head! have fun wish you vacationed over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your family! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete