Friday, April 13, 2012

Georgia Part Dos

The rest of our trip to Georgia was fantastic. Kacen loved being with my parents and sister and his cousins. !ithin the first couple of days he was warm enough with them that he snuggled right up with my mom and sister and loved on them. And by the end of the week he was constantly grabbing everyone's hands dragging them here or there.
And Kacen especially loved his cousins. They played all day, and they were so good about leading him here or there and entertaining him. Needless to say he loved having friends with him all day. And my niece and nephews are just so cute and such good kids.
One of Kacen's favorite activities there was riding his cousin's bikes down the drive way.
 While we were there we had a pretty unique experience. We actually got to see Ian at the Atlanta airport on his way to Brazil. It is a long story but he only had 24 hour notice that he was leaving the Provo MTC (missionary training center) and going to the Brazil MTC. However he was waiting to get a copy of him immunizations and they couldn't guarantee that they would get to him on time but they would get to us in Georgia on time overnighted so we had to run them over to the airport.
While we were at the airport his grandparents and aunt and uncle took him to the park.
Kace with Grandpa Murphy and cousin Zach.
Playing with his aunt Micah.

Next up was the science museum.
The whole fam.
We saw dinosaurs, stars, rocks, rockets and earth movers.





And the funnest part was digging for fossils and panning for gems



And of course we celebrated Easter. We did the non-religious celebration on Saturday. My amazing sister Micah made a basket for Kacen too, she never leaves anyone out. I just love my sister. And my whole family. My mom took like a whole week off work just to be with us! And yeah they spoiled us. 
Kacen didn't really care about the egg hunt, he mostly just wanted to play with the Buzz Lightyear gun. 

Saturday afternoon we went to Stone Mountain, Georgia's number one attraction! Yep it is a giant stone mountain, the only mountain in Georgia, it has a this carving of three dudes on it, something about the civil war.
We had a bbq and did some rock climbing
Jk haha
Actually I attempted to hike up the mountain with Ky but didn't even make it half way. Weeelllll let me clarify, I could have made it, but I knew I would be exhausted all day if I did so I just took a nice long break while Ky, my hunk of a man, ran up and back down. 
They have a super cool laser show after dark. We all had fun hanging out before the show, the kids loved playing on the grass and dancing to music. 
And Sunday while I cooked dinner Micah, Warren and Ky took the kids out to feed the ducks.

I love this photo that Warren (my bro-in-law) caught of my guys, they are so cute. 
We had a great stay and our drive home went pretty well but I am in no hurry to get in a car for a 13 hour drive again. Well unless it was to go back to see my family I would do that in a heart beat. We are so blessed to have the support of both our families in all we do, we love them all so much.
Thanks again Mom, Micah, Dad, Warren, Savannah, Justus and Zachy for the great Easter break!

1 comment:

  1. We loved having you here and I'm bummed I didn't get all the photos off your camera before you left.
    Love ya,
    Micah

    ReplyDelete