Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Picaso

Kacen loves painting, he will walk into the craft room and ask to paint all the time. We haven't done it all that often because it turns into a "I have to be with you every second and not take my eyes off you and your brush or your tummy/hair/chair/floor/table will be blue" sort of thing. But he is getting better at keeping things clean so we busted them out again the other day. Well they were actually left out by me and he had been asking for days so I let him have at it. 
Just cut open a cereal box and WAAM instant kids canvas.
Check out the technique, I love watching him learn new ways to manipulate his coloring tools. He figures it out all on his own, he will not let me help him.
Related to art and I am so sorry and have meant to share this for months now actually but Sept 29th is Museum Day and you can get free tickets to many museums around the country for that day so jump over quickly and snag up some tickets in your area. We have tickets to the Hershey Story.
 
Funny story not related to painting, the other night (well it is hard to write a funny story with a screaming baby so postpone the funny story til another day. Ok five days later now we will actually get this post up, maybe)..... Ok Ok the other night we were having dinner and Kacen in his usual manner just started reaching for what he wanted, no words, no eye contact, actually quite oblivious to anyone or any ettiquette except the chips on his grandpas plate. This caused his grandpa to say, "Eating a meal with Kacen is like eating with Helen Keller." We all thought it was hillarious, sorry if this offended anyone. 

Oh one more good note, both of my kids slept for a straight seven our stretch last night and I slept that whole seven hours with them, it was like magic.    

2 comments:

  1. I love kids' paintings and that's hilarious! I can totally hear Perry's voice. Yay for sleep!
    I ordered my tix. for Hershey also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo for painting! Looks like fun. I feel ya on the no talking- every now and then Lily will only squeak. :) Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete