Friday, September 21, 2012

A Trip to CT

Last weekend we went to Connecticut to visit my big Sis K'Leena and her family.

I forgot my camera but trusted that we could use my sisters, well during her move from UT to CT the battery was lost so we had to rely on phone cameras during our stay, so enjoy.
 
We spent a lot of time just hanging out but we also went on a few outings.
Friday we went to a local park in the evening.

 (Aunt K'Leena and Andie Girl swinging)
We ended up back at this park Sunday and Monday, it is such a fun place with beautiful hiking trails.



 (Me, K'Leena and Andie)

Saturday was our big day we, we decided we would go to a museum and then some other fun stuff. So we looked online and found the a youth museum in Hartford, online there were pictures of cows, llamas, barn owls, tractors, you know pretty much a great time for kids and a bonus it was free. So we load up and head over there, it ends up being a two room building in the middle of the city with some toy trains. Not quite what we were expecting but the kids loved it.

We only stayed there for a little bit then decided we would head over to the museum that the men wanted to go to in the first place, the Hartford Trash Museum. I was following my brother-in-law on the way there and didn't realize we were getting close but I started to smell something real bad and asked Kace if he took off his shoes, right after I asked that we rounded the corner and saw the trash museum. I thought "Why is the lady with ubber sensitive smell and the pregnant lady going to a trash museum." But it ended up being closed.

Sooooo..... we ended up here.
(Kacen and cousin Emily watching the birds)
 A really awesome private park that has an aviary, and beautiful themed gardens, English, Italian, Scottish, Japanese, it was so beautiful. We even did our first hedge maze, I felt like I was on the set of Pride and Prejudice. Plus they had three different playgrounds. We should have packed lunch and dinner and spent the whole day here it was so fun.
(This really cool looking bird, I can't remember what kind it is)
 Sunday we went to church and my sisters ward is so nice.
Monday we took the kiddos to a bounce house and they loved it. Well I had to show them what to do at first and then Kacen needed some spotting on some of the toys but it was still a great time.
 We left late Monday night and after about four hours of driving I thought it was about time to feed Andie and Ky had to go pee but we were in the middle of the woods in the Poconos on a rural road. The GPS said 20 miles til the next town and Ky couldn't make it that long so we pulled off the road. As we backed up the dirt drive and turned off our  lights we saw a car coming around the bend, and I thought, "Oh great we look so creepy." Just our luck, it was cop he pulled in right behind us and turned on his lights. As he came towards the car he was shinning his light in and when he saw the kids I saw him relax.  He asked if we needed help and I told him I just needed to nurse the baby and he said that was fine, they just have a burglar problem with the cattle or something.
 And because we all like us a good pic of Andie babe, here ya go.

Anyway it was a great weekend, I really love spending time with our family and this Fall and Winter will be full of doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment