Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Walking the Stream and Family Visits

While today is rainy and stormy... the past couple of weeks have been so hot!  So we have spent some time outside, but I can't lie I tend to hide inside when it is so hot. 
I don't know if I have ever mentioned but Ky likes photography and takes, what I think are, cool photos. Here is one of his brother Ian long boarding, if you couldn't tell from the last post they have been doing a lot of long boarding lately.
 Ky doing an awesome slide.
 Saturday night Chad, Amy, Lily and Ellie came in from Iowa. And Sunday we went to down to DC to Henry and Amber and to see the newest addition to our family Henson James Lopez he was born July 4th, we will never forget that birthday. Yep our Raleigh family consists of Raleighs, Congers and Lopezs, haha diversity is great! It was so nice to get all of our Raleigh family together again, here is our one shot attempt at a family photo and there I go ruining it by closing my eyes, augghhhh!
 Yesterday was so hot and I hid in the house all day so I was dying to get outside, finally around 5:00 p.m. we went to park and walked down the stream. Kacen loves it. Last time we went he would NOT let go of your hand, and this time he kept wanting to go all by himself.
Kyle found some crawdads.


 And Kacen liked picking up rocks and throwing them.
 Kacen after a triumphant throw.
The teeter-totter, don't they look like their having fun. haha. I guess they were both done with that activity when I came to take the photo. 
 And though I don't have the pictures to prove it, it has been really fun to have our cousins here. Kacen loves having playmates but for some reason them being here has made him start to scream louder and more often, not out of sadness but when they play, what a silly kid. 

Today we are headed to Roots market (our huge farmers market, and yes there are lots of Amish there), then possible to pick peaches, if it clears up, and maybe the dairy, (idea courtesy of the Tingey's, thanks!)

1 comment:

  1. we were going to pick today as well...but have officially made it a jamma-movie type of day. you'll find us in the orchards tomorrow at 10:30 :-)

    ReplyDelete