Tuesday, August 23, 2011

E-Town Fair

 This week the fair came to town! I love the fair and it was Kacen's first time to the fair. He mostly liked the animals.

Bunnies! Which if you know Kace this is a miracle, he sat still to hold it, I think he just loves little animals because at church he sat still sitting with the Barnums while he held a looks-like-real-life stuffed puppy.

Baby chicks hatching, the one in the bottom left hatched only 10 minutes earlier.
 More cow cows, Kace was way too excited to get to all the sheep, goats and cows that he did NOT want to held to stay still.
 He found this cow....
Sat down petted the cows head, then....proceeded to cover the cow with hay, silly boy. These calves were sooo calm.
 Sheep and goats

Ok so we figured we are at the fair and Kace has  to try a carni ride. Last week he tried those cheep rides by the grocery store, and loved it so I picked this car merry-go-round. Well....haha the carny hooked him in and I started to walk away and my non-clingy kid began to cry his head off. But once it started moving he calmed now, never once smiled. All the while Ky was standing back there plotting how to save Kace if he started climbing out, haha what a great dad.
 This was the first fair I have been to with a Medical Marvels Show, we will probably go to that Thursday, but their ticket sales guy swallowed a sword!

 See sword, and yes a giant python there too.

 This was actually the climax, for years (six exact) I have been telling Kyle that my favorite fair ride ever is the Zipper, once in high school I rode it five times in a row, back then it was only .50cents. So Ky wanted to take me on it, now the price has increase to $5, but $5 well spent.
Jessi and I went together while Ky stayed with Kacen. Half the time you are so elated thinking "I'm riding the zipper!" half the time you scared for your life on the creaky jolty carnival ride. To add to it I had a sucker in my pocket that fell out and was bouncing around our cage and I was terrified that it would get stuck in a gear and kill everyone, but luckily that didn't happen.
Not only was the Zipper sooo sooo sooo fun, we ate a funnel cake. Oh I love the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment