Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Our Easter trip was good we did a lot of hanging out. And played a lot of Wii, for those of you who know Ian, here is a special treat of him singing Celine Dion.

 Saturday we went to the Des Moines Science Center. There are a lot of fun things to do there and we always love this giant pin mold thing, here is Kacen next to his cut out.

 You can also build rockets and launch them, Kyle got his the farthest of any of ours, here it is at the very end with the rocket stuck in the mesh.

 Easter Sunday was so nice. It was great weather and Kacen got a cute new suit from his grandparents. Kyle's Oma came out from California. And it was soo great to see Chad, Amy, Lily and Ellie.


The kids had a great egg hunt, not that Kace understood what to do, after he got two eggs in his hands he was done.

Then the adults had an egg toss, with raw eggs
a boiled potato toss, with extra boiled potatoes
things escalate really quickly into weird activities with us
Oh and the boys found themselves in a plastic egg war resulting in a giant welt on Ian's stomach

It is about a 16 hour trip one way! On our way home around 3:00 a.m. Monday morning we stopped to use the restroom and I thought as I walked into the gas station, "I feel like the heroine in an action film where they get drugged by their hero and are finally allowed to wake from their stuppor to go to the bathroom." Then to top off my crazy drugged persona, as I was leaving the gas station the door I went in was a one way door but I didn't know that and I went to go out and there was no handle so I just stood there! I had no idea what to do! Finally the man working there said, "let me help you," I must have looked so helpless, and he opened the door for me. I was so embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. hahah oh my. I love imagining that last scene you described :) I can totally see it! We are all like that sometimes I think! Easter looked/sounded fun. Cute cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are back. And Ian singing Celine Dion is a priceless momento never to be forgotten. I see ward choir in his future.

    ReplyDelete