Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Skating and Cheesesteaks

Monday for President's Day we went early morning roller skating! The roller rink was advertising the morning skate session as "PJ's for President's Day,"and there were a lot of little kids there. We all tried roller blades and roller skates, the skates were way more comfortable but harder to use.
And I am not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed about this but I was the last adult left in the limbo on your skate competition.



They even had these adorable skates in Kacen's size.
Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of him standing on them, well here he is standing on them but you can't see the skates. He really liked it and after he got tired of skating while holding our hands we took turns pushing him around in his stroller, well mostly his grandparents did, and he loved that! He likes to people watch. We all had a good time but only lasted an hour and half.
Tuesday I went into Phillidelphia with my brother-in-law Ian. He had to run an errand and I tagged along to get a Philly Cheesesteak. We went to Pat's Steak, it is one of the "originals," the other shop that claims to be an original is Gino's which is litterally across the street.
You have to order your Cheesesteak correctly, "One steak wit (meaning with onions) and provolone."

So now when I tell people that I live in PA and they ask me if I have eaten a Philly Cheesesteak I can tell them, "Why yes as a matter of fact I have, and you know what? It stunk." It was $8.50 for that sandwich which was bland and fatty. I would have rather had a Little Caesar's five buck pizza. But at least that is one experience I can check off my list. Oh and there was outside seating only and it was freezing cold.

2 comments:

  1. HAH- Who knew?! I love how those famous traditions can turn out to be just....not great :) Roller skating! How fun! Those skates for Kacen ARE cute. Holy smokes. Why is everything so much cuter when it's small?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I remember going skating there when Maddi's school had skate days :) I bet Kacen had a blast!

    ReplyDelete