Sunday, February 20, 2011

He Walked!!!

Well he finally did it ... not that I have any pictures to prove it ... but Kacen finally walked!!! (Kyle just informed me that you only need one exclamation mark but I had to tell him that I can write as expressly as I wish, any way back to Kacen).

I promise all week I have been trying, well okay it was a really halfhearted try, but I have tried to get a snap shot of him in action and to no avail. Last Saturday night Kace kept going back and forth between Ky and I. Sunday he was letting go of things all on his own, like he just realized "Hey not only can I get from A to B faster by walking I can do it while holding a toy."

This week, we had nice weather so we went outside a lot.


Kacen realized that he really likes pushing around this mop bucket, later his father helped him realize it is as much fun riding in the bucket as pushing it. Which was really thoughtful of Ky to know that I am always looking for another activity that requires constant watch and care like your son climbing into and out of a wobbly bucket on wheels.

We also had one fall down the stairs this week. Luckily I caught him after only one somersault over the bucket that he pushed over the top stair. I was more shaky than him about it.



Well as most of you know Kyle is doing his internship at an antique automobile museum they currently have a Herbie exhibit. Neat huh?



And Friday Kyle took me on a date to the open house for a Shelby retrospective exhibit. This car was clocked at 198 miles per hour on a race track, and is probably worth over 1 mil. Well not that I really care about cars or anything but it was really nice to have a night out with Ky. And the museum is cool because it has a lot of history and I like reading the stories behind things.



Ahhh what cute couple.



And tomorrow we are going to President's Day Pajama Roller Skating. Woot woot. This week has been pretty good.




4 comments:

  1. Yeah kacen1! way to go man! Calvi is so close but he is way to chicken he will push things all over and barley hang onto my finger but he wont let go. looks like you guys are having fun. You should be happy NOT to be in Rexburg now cause it just snowed a ton yesterday! it was starting to melt but then it all came back! oh well one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe he's walking! That's so exciting! Wish you lived closer so Kacen could teach Porter how to do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww he is getting so big! I hope we get to see you guys soon! I totally understand about Kacen getting in the bucket- Chad taught the girls to climb to book shelf and how to open the refrigerator. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is getting so freaking cute. I love his hair! And how fun that he's walking! You are hilarious with your little sidenotes about Kyle :) haha. Thta is crazy about that car. Sounds like a fun date!

    ReplyDelete