Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST!!!!!!

I guess the writers of the show meant that title literally. I think the whole show was just a joke for the writers to see how lost they could make viewers. I can see the pitch meeting now, "Let's write a plot that pretty much includes everything; deserted island, smoke monster, electromagnetism, baby stealing, time travel, shipwrecks, and oh yeah some of the most complex characters ever. And we'll keep people watching our show for six years because every episode will introduce new questions and scenarios and we will never ever ever answer any of the questions about what is relevant to the show or plot as a whole. By the end everyone will be totally lost and confused, and lets call the show, hummmm.... Lost."

Man I have to be honest I was totally let down. I have loved Lost and the characters but I was really looking forward to some real to the point answers. Perhaps for any of you artsy fartsy people out there who can find some sort of interpretation painting of colored spots this show and its ending was perfect, as for me...it just didn't cut it.

Well on the plus side Kacen rolled over from his back to his tummy a couple times today, so I guess he is on his was to mobility. GO KACEN!

Tomorrow is my first soccer game wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...lost was slightly a let down...but I did love it at the same time. I think that from watching the interviews and preshow and stuff, the writers really were focused on the characters and wrapping up their stories, instead of wrapping up the mythology and stuff. I loved the finale becuase I LOVED seeing all my favorite characters have closure and find their love again and be happy- it was like the happiest reunion EVER. BUT, I was dissapointed that I still don't really understand "the others" or why the island exists, or how they created their side life, or really lots of things. But I think the major things got answered. Like- I really think the island is basically what balances good and evil in the world, and the whole point of the show was for these characters to find who they really are and find their place in life...AND realize that in order for us to be happy, we need to let people in and help people. Something like that. Which is a pretty good message. I dunno- I'm still a fan.

    That's AWESOME that Kacen rolled over! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- we would love to join you guys on Saturday! Email me- and I'll give you my number (where it's not so public:) ) daniellephillipp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete