Monday, October 1, 2012

What's for dinner?

Butternut Squash Black Bean Tacos
Mmmmm dinner at the Conger/Raleigh household was mighty good tonight. Well to me.  We have a ton of butternut squash in the garden like at least 20 more coming in, if you want one let me know. Plus we can't help our selves at Roots, everything looks so yummy. So we have been trying to incorporate more veggies in our meals.
Basic instructions:
Saute onions and banana peppers in a little oil until soft, add in chopped butternut squash plus 1/2 C. chicken stock, salt and pepper, cover and cook until squash is soft. Uncover let moisture evaporate add in spices (cumin and ancho chili powder). Then add the green peppers (I like a variety of textures so I didn't cook mine with the earlier peppers) and cook for a minute or two. Stir in one can of drained black beans cook til heated then top with chopped cilantro. Serve on corn tortillas with cooked quinoa, lettuce/cabbage, salsa and cheese (feta or cojita if you can get it) and yeah sour cream/Greek yogurt and guac if you are into that.

Well that's all it was a simple flavorful nutrition packed mean so I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment