Thursday, December 30, 2010

A White Christmas in Georgia

It is almost the New Year and I can't believe it. This year has been so crazy. I have visited 19 states, and lived in 3! We figured since we already drove across the country we would hop six states and head to Georgia for Christmas. My parents and my sister live near Atlanta, and for the first time in six years I spent Christmas with them, it was great.

We started out with a fun trip to the Zoo.

My sister Micah, her husband Warren, and their three kids. This is the bird area and we had feeding sticks and Ky got a bird to land on his.



Kacen is not too sure about that bird.



This is my adorable nephew showing the panda bear where he lives on the mapWe went to the petting zoo and Kace sat with the goats, he also petted the sheep and pigs.
And this was my favorite thing, the gorillas, this mama had a little babe, aww so cute!

Kacen met Santa and even got a present from him with his name on it! He didn't even cry.

What are the holidays without cooking? Here I am dusting pans for pumpkin rolls with my two little helpers. Yeah these kids were so helpful while I was out there, and Kacen didn't quite know what to do with three little mamas around trying to help and love on him all day. But it was so cute to see them play with him and love on him.
And ignore the hair, but here I am early Christmas morning making cinnamon rolls with my sis. Not to brag but I have been told many times this year that my cinnamon rolls are the best that people have every had, haha I guess these peeps don't get out much.
Christmas morning letting Kacen open his stocking. He loved trying to open the pringles and he really liked eating them too.
He got really spoiled actually, and got lots of animals from his auntie and this cool car from Grandma and Grandpa Murphy, he loves pushing it around. And Nana and Papa got him a fun gear toy and some really cute clothes. And books and movies from other aunts and uncles. Thanks everyone for kind gifts, we love them all! And thanks to all of you who sent pictures and updates those are the best!


Oh and we had a white Christmas in Georgia, can you believe it?


Here we are getting saying goodbye. My sis and niece and I look alike huh? Me and my sister are six years apart and she remembers me when I was kid and calls her daughter Heather all the time because she looks like I did at her age.

I had a great Christmas and this whole holiday season has been really fun. The car ride wasn't too bad only 13 hours and luckily Kacen was pretty well behaved for most of it.


That's all folks.

oh yeah and.....

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

  1. HA- my oldest sister does the same thing. We are 12 years apart and she always calls her youngest kid Danielle cause I'm the youngest in my family. She always says she just always thinks of me as the baby so she transfers that to her kids I guess! Funny. LOVE THE ZOO PICS! So precious! Kacen is such a cutie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww looks like you had a really fun time! Being with family is great! Kacen is getting so big! Hope to see you guys soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you guys too! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. We missed seeing you though! Hopefully sometime soon. Kacen looks so much like you heather. He is just growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh I need to look at this more. We loved having you visit and we'll take you back any time we can. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete