Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sewing Project

So for the past three days (I know that is long time for only making a couple of sack but I have a kid to deal with, haha) I have been working on these little tie-up back packs, cute huh?
I found the tutorial here on dana-made-it.com I followed her steps but added a lining and straps and only made the ties come out of one side not both. I am happy with the end result.

They will be great for holding all sorts of little kid things.

My son is not nearly as photogenic as her son, once again view here, nor are my photography skills as good as hers but I still think little Kacer is pretty cute.



Well tomorrow we are headed to DC for the weekend to spend time with a close family friend, often referred to as Ky's foster brother, Henry and with wife Amber. We are so excited. So look forward to pictures of that. Then next weekend we hit the road for a 12 hour road trip to Georgia to visit my parents and oldest sister Micah. Not that my life is really that exciting but I do have another pretty cool and fun thing I am working on and hopefully I can show you the fruits of my labor at the beginning of January.
And oh yes, Kyle's internship. He is working at an antique automobile museum in Hershey PA, you can view their site here. I haven't been there but Ky says it is pretty cool and hopes to take me there soon. He is doing some public relations stuff for them and pretty much anything else they need him to do. Right now he is preparing for one of the Herbie cars (The Love Bug) to come to the museum and is writing press releases for that. So we are really excited that he has this opportunity and that he is that much closer to completing his schooling.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your bags! I really really love the striped one. You did such a great job! And 3 days isn't a long time at all! Sounds like you'll have an exciting few weeks coming up! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete