Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New York New York

So this weekend I went to New York City not once but twice! Can you believe it?!?!? It is a 3.5 hour drive from PA to there and we went up and back on Saturday and then did it again on Monday. We went up so I could...brace yourself....audition for a reality TV show! I know it is sort of dorky but it was really fun. I don't know yet if I made but we'll see what happens. Satuday I didn't get to do much but Ky and his family took Kacen and hung out in the city. I didn't have to do as much on Monday so we had time to go site see in the afternoon. So first up,


Central Park


Kyle and Kacen standing out side of the park, it had a been a really long weekend so don't judge us too harsh if we aren't the most photogenic people, haha.

Me and Kacen looking at the city scape and sitting in the park, haha I look so uncomfortable. But at least Kacen is cute!
My two boys playing at the park.
Kacen playing on the cool stone playground.

Next stop, FAO Schwarz Toys

We went here thinking it would be fun for Kacy to see all the toys and stuff but, he fell asleep, haha. It was a really long weekend for him too, yep he went up with us both times. But he was pretty good about it all.

Kyle on the Big Piano, he was sliding on it, it was pretty cool. And get this you can take your own Big Piano home for the low price of $25,000 (serious).
Chewy made out of legos

Me playing dress up, and yup Kacen has socks on his hands, it was pretty cold and we couldn't find his mittens but I did bring an extra pair of socks.

Last stop, Rockefeller Square
Have you ever wondered how they get the big tree up? Well here it is.




But the real question is, have you ever wondered how they make it look so nice? And here is the answer, they take all of these branches and nail them in the more sparse places in the tree.


So there you have it, our trip(s) to New York all summed up. That city is a lot more fun if you have money, haha. Maybe someday we can go back and do more exciting things.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....HELLO! You tried out for a reality show??? I'm guessing ur under some contract not to tell what it was but that is so crazy and cool! I love reality shows and I'd love you on one! I can't wait to find out about it! Love the pics. You look so pretty! I know what u mean about the city being fun if you have money...that's how Seattle is. Well, good update! I seriously can't get over this reality show thing. I wish I had more details!b

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Can't wait to go there when we come for Christmas. That is so cool you tried out for a reality tv show. I want to know what kind of a show you interviewed for! Your hair is getting so long.. I love it. I wish mine would grow faster. Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous Heather! I want to go to NYC and see all the sights. I guess Jake and I are just going to have to come visit you guys sometime; . . . .for like a month to see everything I want to see; lol!

    ReplyDelete