Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pictures and Pie

Last weekend we went to Utah to visit Kyle's Dad while he was in town for business and while we were down there Kacen got meet his great grandma and grandpa Storey.
Kyle playing with Kacen.
This is a four-generation photo.
And here is a really yummy apple pie I made. The great crust recipe is below.

Really easy double pie crust:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 C. shortening
5 to 6 Tbsp. cold water

In a large bowl, combine four, baking powder, and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.

This makes one bottom crust and enough dough for a lattice top, which is what I made but I had left overs so I am sure you could actually make a full top if you want. It was really easy and really forgiving.

For a full pie brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! How I wish I was eating treats. That pie looks TO DIE FOR! I can't wait to try the crust out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha i am so glad i live close it was AWESOME!!! and the crust was perfect!! thanks for the recipe.
    and pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha- so about the ruffle pillow. I totally forgot that step! I'm so glad you said something! Yeah- you actually sew on the strips using a regular stitch length and sew down the entire strip, attaching it to the pillowcase piece of fabric. I added the directions to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha tell kyle that was a not very nice comment! Braeden used make comments like you need to make new food I'm sick of the same things... so then I started trying new recipes and I like making new things now! Sometimes its hard though cause I dont have everything for the recipe! That pie looks so good! I think you are doing great! Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete