Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween

Well it isn't exactly Halloween yet, but we were supposed to have our town trick-or-treat day today however this afternoon we got this
And this was only the first hour, I think there is about four inches out there now! So crazy, I almost thought I was back in Idaho, oh sweet sweet Idaho, where you will be having your first ski days soon....long sigh. If anyone wants to find us a job out there we won't complain.

We lost our power for a couple of hours and didn't get any trick-or-treaters. So it is normal for most places to do trick-or-treating on a different day than Halloween? Because as far as I can remember we went on actual Halloween day every year, unless it was on Sunday then we went the Saturday before.

Also a couple of days ago our ward held a trunk-or-treat, I should have taken a picture but I went for a Fall Festive trunk display because I am not really into to all things scary and creepy and stuff, and it was pretty cute. Well as cute as construction paper leaves can be.

So we had this trunk-or-treat coming up and we busted out the costume that we (Ky) bought a couple of months ago (black outfit with glow-in-the-dark bones on it, super cute) and it ended up being too small. So the day of I had to sew something from scratch, I thought hey just stitch some fabric to a shirt easy peasy, WRONG. It took me five hours to make this

Luckily it turned out pretty cute, you can't see the details of each precisely placed strip and all the hand nicely spaced hand stitches. But Kace loved all the excitement and most of all he loved his pumpkin pale ($.49 at a local thrift store).

Ky and I are doing our second couples costume, the first one was his Grandma and Grandpa Storey Role Reversal, yeah Ky made a great Grandma Storey. But this year we are doing Posh Spice and David Beckham, well that is actually mostly because some ladies from church and I are doing The Spice Girls! So fun! I can't wait to see how everyone looks. I will definitely get pictures.
Ky wasn't too thrilled to dress up, haha but we will work on the costume a bit and look phenomenal for Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. oh man you guys are so cute! love the mummy costume you did a really good job. Calvi is just going as a cowboy he loves his boots so that will be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mummy costume! I hope you guys move to utah! St. George is pretty nice :) Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of y'all is too cute! Kacen looks so excited for Halloween! Great job on his costume!

    ReplyDelete