Monday, March 29, 2010

Snowboarding, daddy and diapers, and post prego update

For your viewing pleasure two goofy dogs that we saw in the parking lot at Targhee. On Saturday I finally got to boarding for the first time this season. Kyle and I went up with our friends Brit and Tyler. And it was Kacen's first trip to the ski hill! This was after a fun day of boarding, and no, we did not take him up on the hill with us. We just took turns watching the baby in the lodge.
I really surprised myself with what I was able to do! I had a blast but was a little sore afterward. I hit some nice powder runs and caught a little air on some kickers!

Our little fam on our first of many ski trips to come.

This picture wouldn't load right but I had to put it on anyway because Kacen is so happy to be up at the ski hill!

Kacen and his little buddy Calving just hanging out in the lodge. Some really nice lady came over while me and Brit were out and asked Tyler if she could hold Calvin and then she wanted to hold Kacen and then she volunteered to watch them both so we could go ski together, it was really funny. But really nice of her and yes, we did trust our kids with her and they were fine.



So here is a little post pregnancy up-date for any of you who didn't know when I was sent home from the hospital my knees were still numb from my epidural but now that I have finally been able to exercise and get the circulation to them I am feeling great. The only set back is this stupid hemorrhoid, I know that is a little personal but still I bet almost all you moms can sympathize with me. But Kacen is doing great too. He is a great little sleeper I feed him around 9:00 p.m. and then he sleeps til about 4:00 a.m. and then goes back down at 4:30 and we wake up around 7:00 it is really great. And he is really good most of the time about falling asleep on his own if we lay him in his crib awake. I think this is mostly because some of the tips I got from "On Becoming Baby Wise," all you moms or expectant mothers should really read it. Kacen is almost laughing now and it is really cute.
And for anyone who was nervous about how Ky would be as a dad he is great! Here is changing the baby which I can get him to do every now and then. It is probably good we had a boy first cuz he is pretty rough with the little guy but Kacen doesn't seem to mind.
My parents are coming up next week and I am so excited. We will be blessing our baby April 10 anyone is welcome to come just let me know if we should expect you.

3 comments:

  1. bahhhhhhhh so that dog pict turned out awesome!!thanks so much for takin us boarding we had an awesome time! you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah- that dog pic is hilarious. I love it. That looked so fun! That is awesome that lady just offered to watch the babies! Good thing she wasn't a crazy pants or something. I've never been snowboarding before. Can you believe that? Yeah...it's probably time I try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had so much fun! You are looking so good heather and little Kacen is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete